Tuesday, August 7, 2012

what does a Rubix cube have to do with your life?

you may think this is a dumb question, but let me explain it a little bit about a rubix cube has billions of combinations but only one is the right combination. like this 










the only way you can get into heaven is if you are perfect. When we come into this world we are all imperfect, like this.
so what are we to do? We can't ever twist our way into perfection. so what we have do is give our life to the hands of a master. Most of you can't do a rubix cube, some can(like me) and others can not. This is where my analogy breaks up, there is only one master, and that is Jesus Christ, and he puts new stickers on you. Makes you perfect in the eyes of God covered by his blood.
(I hope I didn't confuzle you to much)

You will still mess up, as 1 John verse 7-10 says

1Jn 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 
1Jn 1:8  If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 
1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 
1Jn 1:10  If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 
also Paul is not perfect! 
and also in
Php 3:12  Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 

he is talking to believers! we will sin, we have sin, and we need to ask for forgiveness. and it will be given us.
the reason I brought this up, is that I have talked to somebody in the last few months that believes that we do have to to be perfect to accept Jesus Christ, and we will never sin once saved.
this sent me on a quest to find an answer.
because there are many places that calls us to be perfect, and holy,
Mat 5:48  You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

so my question to you, is how do we reconcile these together? here is my take on it: the word perfect actually means "complete" which we are completed through Christs death on the Cross. Yet we are perfect in God's eyes from Christs death and resurrection , if we believe in Christ's resurrection from the dead and make him our savior.

so that is my take, I hope if you have questions you feel free to comment, or if you disagree with it, you comment or talk to me about it on Skype or something else

No comments:

Post a Comment