Tuesday, August 28, 2012

hard times?

are you going through a hard time? in pain? having family trouble? and in fear?
then the question is: why? are you failing in your trust in God? or don't you trust in God?
Let me tell you something, God is the only strength that: will last forever, give you true peace, and will help you in your time of need.


Psa 23:1  A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
Psa 23:2  He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. 
Psa 23:3  He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 
Psa 23:4  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 
Psa 23:5  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 
Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever. 

A common mistake is taking this as saying that we will not die, or shall not starve, or thirst.
This passage is talking about that we shall have eternal peace if you follow God. You my die, you may be in pain, you my be hungry, but God will provide something for you, whether it be death, food, water, relief from the pain. If you are saved, death should be something you look forward to, (don't take this out of context and go kill yourself....). the pain and suffering for the sake of God, you should look forward to. You should look forward to the struggles through life; so that you are able to learn and serve God.
God says we should not fear man, death, sin, satan, or anything except him. We will still fear if left to our human resources, but we must take his strength and he will keep you from fear.


Eph 6:10  Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 

Eph 6:13  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 
Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 
Eph 6:15  and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 
Eph 6:16  In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 
Eph 6:17  and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 
Eph 6:18  praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 

Take what he has to offer, stand firm, and fear no evil. 





No comments:

Post a Comment